Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tofu Tostada

     I love when Forrest gets home early from work - I took another nap (three hours and loved it) while he and Salvie played fetch, learned new tricks, and took a walk around the neighborhood park.  When they arrived back home, I asked if anything crazy happened and of course, it did.  Sal was running around (semi-normally) and all of a sudden darted for a father-daughter combo in the park which caused the leash handle to get jerked out of Forrest's hand.  I can see it now...Sal hauling major arse, Forrest running after him while trying not to spill his beer (he's digging my Beer Crawl idea), Salvie jumping all over the little girl and then going after the dad and his kite (yep, Forrest said the Pom got all sorts of tangled up in this unfamiliar Dora the Explorer situation), and Gump apologizing....madness - glad I slept through it.
    I wanted more tofu for dinner (weird, but I'm blaming it on the awesome tofu meal I had this weekend at Asian Bistro) First things first - cook your husband a Californa BBQ Chicken Pizza.....
Like always, Sal was sniffing out the situation.
      While the pizza was cooking in the oven, I threw in a whole wheat tortilla to get it toasty.  Next, slice a few super thin pieces of extra firm tofu (pat dry and sprinkle with garlic powder/paprika/cumin) and red onion - sautee in a pan with a tiny amount of olive oil.....
Crispy goodness!
     Start building your tostada - tortilla, Popeye leafers, tofu and red onion, feta cheese, cilantro, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegarette.....
  Pre-cilantro.
Do they make cilantro ice cream?!?! Pretty sure I would love it.
     We ended dinner on a fruity note...........
Tangerines!
     It's almost 9:00 pm and Forrest is still working with Sal to ensure he is the smartest dog in the neighborhood......
 Forrest:  "Bring it over here Sal - we're on the same team"
Salvador: "Ok, I brought you the green monster, where is my treat?"
Bromance.

4 comments:

  1. looks delish!! i went to a restaurant that had cilantro salad dressing... yummmmm!!!! i could've drank that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite restaurant in Birmingham has cilantro salad dressing - so yum and I definitely miss it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll eat cilantro ice cream with you! Let's find some :)

    ReplyDelete