Monday, March 14, 2011

Throwback and Turkey

     While Forrest and I were gallivanting around Dothan this past weekend, he spotted something he could not live without....besides me, ha!  Even though Forrest is a Sun Drop fan, he had to purchase this throwback....
Forrest guzzled this old school Mtn Dew and a pack of Reese Pieces - he was seven-years old for a few minutes.
     Sister is officially on Spring Break 2011 - and what did she do on her first day of freedom from the kiddies?!?!  For starters, she kept it real with her "I love PCB" tie dye t-shirt from 2002 (ha, jokes) and played with Salvador.  Needless to say, Sal peed all over her and then they ran around outside, watched a "Real Housewives of Orange County" re-run, and he showed her all his tricks - including the newest one...walking around in circles...
Sal will walk around like a human kid for as long as it takes to get the treat...which sort of freaks me out.  Most days I just look at him and think to myself "Are you real?"
      After Forrest arrived home from work, he woke me up from my passed out state on the couch and we took the Pom for a walk around the neighborhood.  I'm LOVING the time change - I never want to go back to darkness at 5:15 pm!  Anyway, by the time we got home it was late (at least too late for me to start cookin' for real) so Forrest made himself a Boar's Head turkey, spinach, dijon mustard, olive oil, and salt/pepper wrap....
First time I've ever busted up at the Publix deli department and asked for a half pound of gobble-gobble.
     Since I had leftover black beans, cilantro, onion, maters, etc. from my sweet tater 'dillas...I made a small pot of Forrest's favorite soup....
"No soup for you!!"  I love a Seinfeld re-run.
     You want the recipe??  Yeahhh, you do - Frijoles Negro Soup and a 40 Day Dream 
Ahhh sha-doobie!!  I'm missing The Bachelor finale...I know - so ridiculous but it's my last chance for a little trash tv until next season.  I leave you with one more furry gremlin picture...he's ready to find out who will be Brad's wife / ex-wife....
"These two chicas got nothing on my girlfriend...woof woof!"

2 comments:

  1. oh that soup looks fab!

    Hope you got to the tv to watch the Bachelor... it's can't miss television! I totally knew he was going to choose... wait, have you watched it? I don't want to ruin it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I did catch the end of it but couldn't stay awake for the "After the Rose" bla blah. By the way, I told you once but CONGRATS on the big news!!! How exciting for you and the Hubs :)

    ReplyDelete